The third week of March, we held the wonderful Vacation Bible School program at Hlegu Baptist Church. It was a very successful one, and God greatly blessed this program. There were 144 children there between the ages of 5 and 13. The blessed class that I taught in VBS was the biblical teaching on moral character in the secular world. It was a fantastic one—at least 34 children received Jesus as their Saviour and Lord. Both the children and their parents were so happy to be taught this subject; 15 of the kids shared their testimonies. My heart greatly rejoiced for the program
Then the first week of April 2019, we had a Youth Conference at Hmawbi Baptist Church. Teenagers and youth groups from different independent Baptist churches came. There were 170 people in attendance at our conference. In the daytime, I taught about Christian civic responsibilities, and then I preached every night for seven days. This was another fruitful conference that we had. We had 65 young people receive Jesus, and I am so glad for this program. I trust that these teenagers will grow and will be a big help in the future.
I am glad Mona Eason of FBMI transfered the funds needed on time for all the programs. I thank God for your faithful support and prayers. All these ministries are a result of your faithful giving in your churches. We will do more in the days ahead. This coming week, I will be baptizing 16 people at a swimming pool that we borrow, so please continue to keep praying for us at this point.
God is greatly working in China and Burma; the response to the Gospel is fantastic!
1. We need two church buildings. Both of them are 80 feet by 30 feet. The total cost for one of the churches, Ka Nan Baptist Church, is $7,000.00; it is close to the city. Pastor Philip has already preached there for 9 years for FBMI.
2. Another church is Hope Baptist Church with Pastor Kai Ting. He has already preached for FBMI for 12 years. His church will cost $6,000.00. This church is far from the city and in the country.
3. Pray for our upcoming baptism service.
4. Pray for my safety as I travel across the country in Myanmar.
5. Pray for the political situation in Myanmar and for the freedom to preach and teach.
Thank you and God bless you all!
Dr. Paul T. Lung & Family
Calvary Baptist Church, Yangon