We are still waiting upon the municipality for the building permit. The architect’s drawings have been approved, and the engineer’s drawings have been approved; but in the beginning of June, they requested consent from the Lands Department for the parsonage/pastor’s house to be on the land with the church. They also requested a Fire Plan and Plan of Evacuation, which our architect included, but they want it from the Fire Marshal. Now the Lands Department has given approval for the parsonage. We heard from the Fire Marshal that he has the plans completed and that he was turning them in today. Amen!!
THE DROUGHT IS STILL A BIG ISSUE. THEY ARE BUSY WITH A BILL TO LIMIT BUILDING DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF WATER USED IN THE CEMENT. PLEASE PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE APPROVAL BEFORE THE LAW IS PUT INTO AFFECT! OUR ENGINEER STATED THAT ALL PERMITS GIVEN PRIOR TO THE LAW WILL BE HONORED.
While we arae waiting on the municipality, we have been busy building the church spiritually. There have been 68 souls saved and 2 baptisms. We finished the DVD teaching series on Prayer by Dr. Tom Williams. It was a blessing to our people.
June 6 was the church’s 18th anniversary, and June 22 was our 16th anniversary of coming to Namibia to work with the Lees. We had the Anniversary Sunday on the 12th of June to celebrate, and our attendance was 76. We have been running 33-37. Bible study for the adults and teens has been up with 18 in attendance, which is 98% of our regular adults and teens attending.
• Thank you to those who have given to the Building Fund!
• Praise the Lord that Jamie’s glasses made it through the mail.
• Praise the Lord for His continued hand of guidance and provision.
• Praise the Lord for the souls that have been saved and especially for those that followed in believer’s baptism. (Baby baptism is the tradition here in Namibia, and it is hard to get them to break away from it.)
• Work permits and visa
• Building permit
• The affects of the drought
In partnership for Christ,
Tom & Margo Dinius