Malachi 3:16 says, “Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.” GOD IS INTERESTED IN THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN HIM! God bends down His ear when His Word is shared, examined, and taught, so much so that we are told a Book of Remembrance catalogs the names of those who reverence Him and think of Him. What a wonderful thing to know! It underscores a truth in Psalm 139:18, “If I should count them [His thoughts toward us], they are more in number than the sand . . . .”
One of the great privileges I have serving people in the Muslim world is showing them from the Bible the profound love God has for them. For generations, Christian access to these people groups has been greatly limited, but I have been blessed to live in a time when technology “gets me over the wall” and gains me access to people who never would have heard otherwise. In this letter, I want to name some names so that you can pray very specifically and see what God is doing.
1. Yesterday, I preached on the doctrine of sanctification to a Persian church in W___ T___, the one my family and several others visited last August. Many received it like birthday presents they were carefully unwrapping. We gathered in a Skype call, and M___ translated with great care. The relationship I have with these people reminds me that people who have been oppressed and jailed for seeking Jesus thank God every day for their freedom. This reminds me to cherish my freedom in Christ as well.
2. T___ and Y___ have been faithful students in A___. T___ sets his phone on a table during the sessions, and his family gathers in a circle to hear every week. The Taliban are only a few yards away from their door at any given time, but they stay faithful. T___ cares for his family by doing freelance translation work: Farsi to English, Pashto to English, and so on. YOUR GIVING HAS HELPED THEM pay for internet to listen to the internet and pay for Y___’s medications, as she suffers with kidney disease. We have been able to pay for food and clothes as winter approaches in Afghanistan.
3. In M___, we are getting the Gospel, food, and clothes to the earthquake victims. M___ and M___ are faithful to deliver, and it is my prayer to be able to join them early next year to strengthen the churches. Please pray for God’s supply as we consider dates.
4. L___, S___, R___, M___, J___, H___, M___, S___, N___, S___, H___, A___, M___, S___, S___, A___, S___, S___, M___, H___, A___, and others (whom I will name next month) are P___ people who have been saved and baptized in our joint efforts in preaching the Gospel. Please pray for them.
• For funding for our work in this last quarter and the coming year.
• For safety as my family and I travel to the Northeast to see J___’s dad for Thanksgiving.
• For wisdom and power, reaching souls in the months ahead.
We love you and thank for partnering with us! Merry Christmas to you!
Gratefully in His service,