Our Bible college is a team effort. Our team leader and pastor, Dr. Ted Speer, is our college president. He has great vision for college students and pours himself into his classes each month. I help Pastor Speer administrate the college, and I teach on a regular basis. Missionary Charles Osgood and national pastors, Rexford Aning and Isaac Ebo-Otwey, also serve on our college faculty.
Our Five December Graduates
On December 12, we held a graduation service in which we awarded our 105th Bible college diploma or certificate. James Adjabeng, Olawale Olowolaju, and Rancy Harris received bachelor’s degrees in pastoral studies, while Stephen Opoku and Thomas Opoku (no relation) received diplomas in pastoral studies. I believe you will enjoy their testimonies:
• James Adjabeng: Brother James was saved during a Sunday school class after he had started attending our church. He heard about our Bible college through a church announcement. He has been serving our church as an evangelist for several months now. Lord willing in 2019, he will start a church in the Eastern Region. By the way, before he was hired by our church, he won a coworker to Christ, and she started attending our church. Soon they started dating. They were married just four days before James graduated!
• Olawale Olowolaju: Brother Wale is from Nigeria. He came to Ghana seeking the knowledge and skill needed to preach the Gospel. A friend of his directed him to our church and Bible college. Brother Wale enrolled in our college and became very involved in our church by working a bus route, going soul winning, and serving as an usher. Brother Wale has now returned to Nigeria. He plans to serve in a fundamental Baptist church there for a while, and eventually he would like to start a church.
• Thomas Opoku: Brother Thomas was led to the Lord by Brother Charles Osgood in 2012. Brother Thomas is now a key member of the Fundamental Baptist Church of Barekuma, pastored by Brother Osgood. Brother Thomas wins souls, teaches Sunday school, and helps manage the finances at their church.
• Rancy Harris: Bro. Rancy was introduced to this ministry by fellow Liberian, Pastor George Menyon. Brother Rancy has helped with many building projects for our church and has grown a successful bus route. God has used him to add many families to our church. He has a great desire to see churches planted throughout West Africa.
• Stephen Opoku: Just about nine years ago, one of Brother Stephen’s nephews invited him to our church. At that time, one of our Bible college students, Gyasi Boateng, won Stephen to Christ. Now Brother Gyasi is pastoring one of our church plants, and Brother Stephen is a vital member of our staff. Brother Stephen is our youth pastor, and he helps me implement our church program. Unless God directs him otherwise, Brother Stephen will continue serving this church.
Here is a link to a photo album of our college graduation: https://tinyurl.com/HACWAGradDec2018. Please pray for God to continue sending our church the right Bible college students to train. Our family appreciates your prayers as well!
Mike, Maria, John, Joy, Faith, and Ben Sarver