The Bible declares: “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” (II Timothy 2:2) The Holy Spirit inspired us to teach the ones we win to Christ how to win others to Christ. He taught us always to be where we should be to receive the sinner. Once we get hold of the sinner, we should not let them go until they get right with God. Once the sinner gets right with God, they should be sent on their way to evangelize others.
The Bible states: “But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.” (Acts 8:40) First, the Holy Spirit asked Philip to go join the eunuch to preach unto him the Gospel. After his salvation and baptism, the Holy Spirit took Philip to Azotus to win more souls to Christ.
The Holy Spirit busied us these past two months. He guided us to people from all walks of life and different spiritual backgrounds. We had some interesting interactions, to say the least. God’s Spirit performed a great work.
• We met Papa Nguema, a stroke survivor who is probably in his early sixties. During our second visit, he trusted Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour.
• We met Papa Boussougou, a very ill man who has been completely abandoned by his family and is living in an old, rotten, abandoned house. He cannot move, stand, or walk on his own. We learned he had not showered for five months. God enabled us to give him a shower, care for him, and feed him. We read God’s Word to him, preached to him, and prayed for him. Please pray for his salvation, his healing, and his other needs to be met.
• The Lord used us to distribute several John and Romans and Gospel tracts in many places on a daily basis: beaches, ceremonies, Army Headquarters, government institutions, orphanages, the main prison, schools, crossroads, different neighborhoods, travelers, adjacent towns and villages, stores, etc. God blessed our efforts in various ways: salvations, first-time visitors, memberships, etc. Praise the Lord!
The Bible teaches: “Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.” (Acts 2:41) We distributed nine baptismal certificates two weeks ago to those who followed the Lord Jesus Christ in water baptism. Others have enlisted for baptism. Praise the Lord!
The Bible informs us: “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” (Acts 5:42) The Holy Spirit guided us to schedule personal discipleship six days a week in each week’s activities. He burdened us to teach the ones we win to Christ how to win others. We thank God for using Pastor Wilkerson to construct the Foundations of My Faith discipleship series. We upgraded it to meet the spiritual needs of our mission field here. For instance, regarding baptism, we designed our lesson around the most asked questions, such as:
1. Is baptism gained by works?
2. Is baptism kept by works?
3. Is baptism lost by works?
4. Does baptism save us?
Then we use key Scriptures to refute heresies and teach God’s people on the real meaning of scriptural baptism. From Tuesday to Sunday, we do door-to-door personal discipleship. Entire families have come to church as a result of that.
God helped us organize a seminary of two days on the doctrine of the Holy Spirit from a biblical perspective. Many were greatly helped and encouraged!
God gave us new Christian workers, thanks to your prayers! I recently met Papa Beni, who wants to receive proper training, serve God full-time, and start a church someday. Please pray for him.
Nearly all of our Bible institute students have been going soul winning and discipling converts. Many have gotten rid of some heretical teachings and become grounded in the truth.
We are doing Christian-worker rotations at the ministry extension in Ntoum.
On behalf of the entire church family. Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support for the Lord’s work here in Gabon! The people in here are very appreciative!! God gave us a pianist. Some members are receiving both piano and guitar lessons. Slowly and surely, more people are getting accustomed to the weekly church activities: soul winning, Bible institute, prayer meetings, visitations, cleaning, discipleship, etc. I thank the Lord for giving us such a great church family that loves God and souls deeply! Please pray for the upcoming seminary next week, the Soul-Winning Blitz this week, the Christmas program, and wisdom for the 2023 church vision.
May God continue to bless you even more as you serve Him faithfully!!
That all may hear,
“But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”
(I Corinthians 15: 57-58)
4. Ministry extensions
4. 70-seat church bus
5. Land purchase for the ministry
6. Another container full of Christian literature