The Bible declares: “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” (III John 1:4) I thank my God for sparing the Gabonese population from a bloodbath after the proclamation of some highly contested presidential elections in favor of the incumbent. The Gabonese military intervened swiftly to spare Gabon from such a nightmare by annulling the results, dissolving all government institutions, and assuming the presidency. We thank our God for all the love and prayers we received from our dear friends from the USA and around the world. Please continue praying for us.
Inversely, God accomplished a great work these past two months.
God commands us to preach Christ Jesus (II Corinthians 4: 5-7). The Independent Fundamental Baptist Church family witnessed and took the Gospel message everywhere to so many people.
• In Ntoum, where we have a ministry extension, a dedicated group of Christian workers take the Gospel message, several times each week, to individuals and families everywhere. Let me introduce you to Ntoumtoum. He was reached by one of our workers awhile back. Three weeks ago, he brought a soul to church on a Thursday afternoon. We witnessed to her and gave her a clear Gospel presentation. She got saved and baptized the same day.
• In Libreville, several souls were saved. During these past 3 weeks, God has saved 31 souls from the fires of Hell. Among the great salvation stories is the story of Ulrich. He grew up in an orphanage. Recently, he had been wandering and forsaken in the streets. One of our members met him at a funeral. As he witnessed to Ulrich, tears started to come out of his eyes. He said he had been battling EXTREME depression. At the end of the conversation, he was a saved man. We took care of him and gave him some new clothes, and he couldn’t stop thanking God and us. The same day, he went back to the funeral and brought 15 people from the funeral to church. We preached the Gospel message to them, they got gloriously saved, and we gave them each a Bible. To God be the glory!
In Matthew 28:19, the Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to administer believer’s baptism to those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as Saviour.
• In Ntoum, Maman Julienne, Sarah, and Israël decided to follow the Lord Jesus Christ in believer’s baptism.
• In Libreville, Papa David and Claude decided to follow the Lord Jesus Christ in believer’s baptism. Papa David became blind later in life. He loves the Lord deeply, plays the piano for our church, and goes soul winning. Claude is a former Muslim, got saved under our ministry, and goes soul winning.
The Bible affirms: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (II Timothy 2:15) Independent Fundamental Baptist Bible Institute of Libreville distributed 34 certificates (Levels 1 and 2 of our discipleship program) and 16 diplomas (an associate’s degree in theology, an academic program of 60 credits) this past October 22, 2023, at the church site. With God’s grace, I gave them a small challenge that emphasized the responsibilities and expectations that come with it: CHRISTIANS REPRODUCE CHRISTIANS (II Timothy 2:2).
By the grace of God, God has given us a great group of dedicated and soul-winning women. They meet several times a week for prayer, soul winning, and fellowship. God has used them to bring several folks to church.
Our men’s ministry is composed of some Godly, disciplined, and soul-winning men, who weekly wins souls and bring people to church.
The church had the privilege to help purchase school supplies for several faithful church kids from low-income and no-income families. With God’s grace and through you, we were able to help some kids outside the church with the Gospel message and their physical needs.
Probably the two most important and urgent needs are the purchases of at least a 35-seat reliable bus and a 1- to 2-acre piece of land for the ministry. New buses are very expensive in Gabon. In order to have an idea, I phoned the Toyota company here in Gabon, and they said a brand-new, 35-seat bus would cost $113,000.
Several months back, I asked the landlord how much it would cost to purchase the property we are currently renting, plus the house next to it. He told me it would cost $64,000. The building we rent is an old warehouse that has 5 rooms. The house next to it has 3 bedrooms, which is currently being rented by someone else. Together they are 1 acre. We pray that not our will but God’s will be done in the purchase of that property!
On behalf of the church family, thank you very profoundly for your faithful prayers and support! We wouldn’t be able to see all these blessings without you! Please keep praying for us as we pray for you!
That all everywhere may hear,
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” (I Corinthians 15:58)
1. 32 salvations
2. 5 baptisms
3. 16 diplomas
4. 34 certificates
5. New soul winners
6. Christian workers
7. Ministry extension
4. Christian workers
5. 35- to 70-seat bus for the ministry
6. 1- to 2-acre piece of land for the ministry