We are grateful to our Lord for the many blessings over the last year. We wish to thank you for your faithfulness in praying and supporting the Lord’s work. We are excited and expecting amazing things from God in 2017. Here is a brief overview of what God has done and His blessings thus far in the new year.
We had just arrived to our next destination when my wife had a slight foot sprain. The next day, I went door to door soul winning with some young men from the church we were visiting. My wife wanted to go soul winning and asked me if she could just visit a nursing home while I was out with the young men. There at that nursing home, my wife was able to lead to Christ a lady who asked her to please share how she may know for certain how to be saved.
Another time while out soul winning in the same area with some young men, God led us to 2 more souls who were ready to believe and receive Christ as their personal Saviour.
By the time we had come to another meeting, Holly’s foot was doing well enough to go out soul winning. We were in a mountain area of the Southeast where we found a young girl who lived with her uncle who was a saved man, and the only thing this young girl knew about her birth parents was that they had tried to sell her when she was born. She understood that day that the Heavenly Father loved her, and received the Lord Jesus Christ as her Saviour.
The first snowstorm of the year had hit the Southeast, but we were still able to walk to homes for soul winning. The last home we came to lived a man who had met us outside. He had no coat on but was very interested in learning God’s assurance of salvation. He, too, made the decision to put his faith in God’s Son and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ for His gift of salvation.
Other highlights of the new year:
- We have completed our preliminary exit interview with FBMI.
- My pastoral ordination will be completed by the end of this month (January).
- I will also be going to the Philippines by the end of this month through February 27 to prepare the way for our return back to the Philippines.
- Please be in prayer for the many souls we have been privileged to share the Gospel.
- Pray for the survey trip specifically for the necessary visa and paperwork to be processed, for God to lead me to housing for our family and where to begin for the church plant.
- Please pray for safety, good health and God’s will to be accomplished during my survey trip.
- We are currently at 73%. Please pray that God willing, we may reach 100% very soon to prepare to move back “home” by Spring.
In Christ’s service,
Dennis and Holly Lagos
“Be cool; pray for Bicol.”