“. . . for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.” (Psalm 116:7) I would just like to testify for a bit and say that the Lord hath dealt bountifully with the Wilder family and the Iglesia Bautista Bíblica Independiente. Despite the many shutdowns and difficulties we faced because of COVID-19, not only has our church kept on keeping on, but it has also thrived throughout the pandemic.
• Our attendance is up, many souls have been saved, and our people have grown spiritually.
• There are 41 students enrolled in our Christian school and 8 enrolled in our Bible Institute, which starts in January.
• We are starting our 8th church in a town called San Andrés Itzapa.
• We held our first Youth Conference, with 40 young people surrendering to do the Lord’s will for their lives. (Thank you to Bro. Mike Valdez, Bro. Ricky Torres, and Bro. Chris Stansell, who were our special speakers.)
• The Lord has allowed us to purchase a piece of property on which we are building a house for our family.
• We have had 10 different teams come down to help with the construction of our house and to be a blessing to our church and family.
May I just shout it out one more time? The Lord hath dealt bountifully with us!
As I mentioned earlier, we are starting a church in a town called San Andrés Itzapa, which is about 15 minutes away and boasts the temple of San Simón. San Simón is a smoking and drinking Mayan saint who helps people with their spiritual, financial, and physical needs. In the worship of San Simón, Catholic rituals are mixed with Mayan traditions. People come from all over Guatemala to try to get help from him. Our desire is to point them to the only True One Who can help them with their needs—Jesus Christ. So far, we have been able to see more than 100 people saved in this town through different outreach programs. Please pray that the Lord would build His church in San Andrés Itzapa and that He would use us to reach the many lost with the Gospel.
Please continue to pray for our church’s building program. Although we are more than halfway done with the project, we still need to finish the men’s bathroom, kitchen, dorms for the Bible institute, and the main auditorium. Once we are done with this project, it will give us the space we need to double our attendance and needed dorms for the young people who will be attending our Bible institute.
Thank you for your investment in our ministry. Countless lives have been touched, changed, and saved because of your faithfulness.
His for souls,
Daniel and Misty Wilder, Lydia, Charity, Emily, Hannah, Serenity, and Benjamin