Jerry was saved at a young age. He surrendered to preach at a tent meeting under the preaching of Tony Hutson. Jerry’s parents answered the call to missions in 1993 and arrived on the field of Tanzania in 1995. While in Africa, Jerry was always involved in the ministry by teaching out in the villages, public schools, Bible Clubs, and Sunday school. He also worked on the evangelistic puppet team that has seen hundreds of people saved. When Jerry was seventeen years old, he surrendered to go back to Tanzania. God’s calling was clear during a sermon at Pastors’ School. Soon after surrendering, he enrolled at Hyles-Anderson College and graduated in 2007. While attending college, he captained a bus route and taught a boys Sunday school class. He also worked at the college for two of the years he was enrolled.
Rachel was born and raised in a Baptist preacher’s home (Dr. Larry Brown). At the age of nine with the help of her mother, she received Christ. As a young person, Rachel surrendered to do whatever God wanted. In February of 2003, her father hired her as the full-time secretary of their church, Marion Avenue Baptist Church. She worked in this position until September of 2005, when she enrolled in college. Jerry and Rachel met at college and began dating. While dating, Rachel was able to visit Tanzania, and after a time of praying and seeking God’s will, she knew that the mission field is what God had in store for her.
Jerry and Rachel were married on July 6, 2007. On November 5, 2010, the Lord blessed them with a son, David Jerry Wyatt; and on June 13, 2012, they were blessed with a second child, Kate Dianne.
Jerry is currently the pastor of Faith Baptist Church Morogoro. He and his wife have served the Lord in this ministry since arriving on the field in 2009, and in 2012 Jerry became pastor. The Lord has truly blessed this ministry with the inception of an orphan home in 2013 and many other new ministries. Pray as God continues to work in this truly needy field of Tanzania.
We are Independent Baptist missionaries to Tanzania, East Africa. Jerry is the pastor of the Faith Baptist Church in Morogoro. Our ministries include church planting, Bible clubs, public school ministries, an orphanage, deaf ministry and evangelistic outreaches. We have been in Tanzania since January of 2009. Please join us in prayer as we do the work that the Lord has called us to do.
As we draw to the end of 2022 and look back over the year, we are so blessed and amazed at what we have seen God do in our lives and ministry. Here are a few of the highlights of 2022:
• Close to 2,000 people have accepted Christ as a result of the ministry in 2022.
• Over 1,200 first-time visitors came to our services.
• We had the grand opening and dedication of our new multi-purpose building.
• We began our nursery ministry, headed up by Kellie Morrow.
• We had multiple special days for kids, teens, men, and ladies.
• A new church was planted, Faith Baptist Church of Kaseke Ziwani.
• We held the graduation for the first two graduates of Faith Baptist College.
• We celebrated the 20-year anniversary of Faith Baptist Church, with 1,851 in attendance and 122 accepting Christ.
• Soccer Sunday had over 1,600 in attendance, with 113 accepting Christ.
• The Tanzanian Stadium Crusade had over 3,000 in attendance, with 673 accepting Christ.
• Multiple visiting groups helped us in the ministry and left with more of a desire for missions.
• During our furlough, we visited 25 churches and traveled over 10,000 miles.’
We were so happy and honored that our son David surrendered his life to be a missionary under the preaching of Dr. Don Sisk while we were at a Missions Conference on furlough. We do not know to what field God will lead him, but we could not be prouder to know that God has called our son to the front battle lines in this dark world.
Now, as we stand at the beginning of a new year, we are excited as we look forward to what God will do. We are anxious to return to Tanzania the first week of January and get back into the work there. Here are a few things that we look forward to seeing God do:
• The second stage of Building Faith, a building for office space, Sunday schools, kitchen, and nursery
• Two different medical-outreach weeks
• Special events and big days
• Our 2023 Tanzanian Stadium Crusade
• The start of a brand-new ministry with the Maasai tribe