We had two weddings in July. On July 24, our granddaughter, Emily Highfill, and Hans Mortensen were married in Belt, Montana. It was such a beautiful wedding. Then on July 31, our son, James Storm, and Becky Moreno were married at our First Baptist Church of Hammond. Pastor Wilkerson performed their ceremony, and it was so sweet. Becky’s son Marc gave his mom away. Her daughters, Adriana and Tori, were her two maids of honor.
Bus Them In
In July, we were able to help churches in Lawrence, Kansas, and Council Bluffs, Iowa. The rest of the month, we helped churches in Holland, Morley, Saginaw, and Flint, Michigan. I was also able to help three bus mechanics fix their buses over the phone. I advised several churches when they were looking to buy a bus. There are some definite dos and don’ts when purchasing buses.
In August, we went back to Michigan and helped churches in Temperance, Adrian, Auburn Hills, Highland, Belleville, Battle Creek, and Lansing. In the two months of July and August, God enabled us to help 18 churches, traveling 2,029 miles. We helped fix 24 buses, putting 9 back on the road that had not been running. We had the privilege of seeing 5 precious souls trust Jesus as their personal Saviour.
Bringing the children to Jesus is the closest thing to God’s own heart. “But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom heaven.” (Matthew 19:14)
1. My sister, Pam Storm, had throat-cancer surgery the 16th of August. Two weeks later on August 31, her birthday, she went Home to be with the Lord. She will truly be missed. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this time.
2. Pray for more CDL drivers, bus mechanics, bus captains, and bus workers to step up.
3. Pray for Bus Ministries to grow and for more churches to start Bus Ministries. We need to reach them while we can.
4. Pray for a replacement truck for our old service truck.
5. Pray for our health and safety.