Thanks again for laboring with us through your prayers and financial support. We appreciate so much your heart for the missionary families worldwide who rely on us all to “hold the ropes.”
Regarding my health, the orthopedic doctor who’s been treating my back is pleased with the progress, and I’m out of the brace. What a relief! I’m on a medication to help the bone to heal, but it can hinder the immune system. Perhaps for this reason, I’m experiencing another bout of bronchitis. By God’s grace, we’ve been able to keep on plugging. We praise Him for that, and we thank you for your prayers.
Our world has never needed God’s grace more, and this supernatural help is provided through the teaching and preaching of His Word and through the ministry of His Holy Spirit. We love Romans 10:13-17, because it illustrates how we work together to deliver this grace to those who need it.
This is the driving force behind everything that we’ve done these last two months:
• Preaching the Word: In the various ministries of the church and out on the streets of our region, our church family is spreading the Word. For example, by His grace the Lord allowed me to lead two adults to Him in the last two weeks. Alfred was a church member trusting in his good works. Once he understood that works could not save him and understood the Gospel, he put his faith and trust in Jesus. And then, the mother of one of my Spanish Sunday school class members has been going through a very tough time. Resisting the Gospel before and focusing on building her future, she’s seen everything come apart. Finally, broken and seeing her need, she trusted Christ as her Saviour.
• Helping Others to Preach the Word: These two months have been packed with our church’s annual Missions Conference, the special Easter program evangelistic outreach services, the annual Ladies’ Conference, teaching the medical class at Hyles-Anderson College, more prayer meetings, and now the beginning of our work to plan this year’s FBMI Missionary Candidate School. We’ve seen as a church many souls saved and baptized, and we are eager to see what God will continue to do in the days to come.
Thank you for remembering these prayer requests:
1. Restoration of my health and strength for service
2. Direction as we plan and prepare for the FBMI Candidate School missionary training in July
3. Guidance with regard to what missions trips should be taken among the many opportunities
4. Direction and provision for this year’s continuing medical training and missionary service
That all might hear, everywhere,
Dan and Lana Siemer