“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10)
We are thankful to the Lord and to our supporters who are so faithful. I wish we could say the same for Telecom Namibia, our internet provider. It has been a struggle, starting last year and continuing still this year. Even just communicating by phone out of the country is a problem. Sometimes we feel isolated and cut off, but praise be to our God, He does not use internet or phone lines. We can just pray to Him, and He hears us.
God has been busy this year, and we have seen six of our adults submit to be baptized. It has been a blessing to see them be willing to leave their tradition of infant baptism and get baptized after salvation, as the Scripture teaches. This is a very big step here in Namibia. The first one was on Easter Sunday, and we had two the next week. Then it was one every other week after that.
The Lord has allowed us to lead 60 souls to Him. He also opened the door for us to give the Gospel at a traditional Otjiherero wedding in a remote village. There were about 200 people in attendance. Many of these people had never heard the Gospel before. An elder of the men came and thanked me for giving the true plan of salvation and to say that he had been praying for his people for a long time.
June 6 is the 20th Anniversary of Bible Baptist Church of Windhoek, Namibia, Africa. June 22 will be our 18th year of ministry here in Namibia. God has been with us through the good times and the bad. We are so thankful for His strength and help.
1. Pray for the church anniversary, for growth spiritually, and for the building of the church.
2. Pray for Dr. Siemer, as he is trying to get tickets to come to Namibia.
3. Pray for souls to be saved.
4. Pray for health and strength. I had my 65th birthday and have more work to do now than when I was younger. Pray also for Margo in this way.
5. Pray that our internet and communication problems will get solved—it is out of our hands.
6. Pray that we can start building again in August. We need more finances before the contractor will start again. Thank you to those who have given. We have put it in a 32-day account to gain interest while waiting and to keep it safe.
May we all be found faithful, and may He find us watching for His coming, as it is drawing closer and closer.
In partnership for Christ,
Tom & Margo Dinius