Skip to content
Page load link
Ideas for Writing Prayer Letters
- Always put a date at the top of your prayer letter (can be just the month and year).
- Some type of greeting is recommended.
- Always start on a positive note.
- Update your readers/supporters on how your church is doing.
- Give a personal soul-winning experience, not just corporate details.
- Reference new ministries that have been started.
- Always, always, always mention your family in some way–personal, ministry-related, etc.
- Include prayer requests, which can be in list format or paragraph format. Unless a prayer request is extremely urgent and the main reason for the letter you are sending, prayer requests should probably be put at the end of the letter.
- Include discipleship testimonies.