The mission field has taught me to be a lot more thankful. Every morning as soon as I get up, I give thanks to the Lord for a new day. “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (I Thessalonians 5:18)
• I thank God for Christ Jesus, Who died on the Cross for me.
• I thank God for such a wonderful salvation.
• I thank God that after salvation, I was taken to a soul-winning church.
• I thank God that I graduated from Bible college, where I was taught about the ministry and how to serve God better. “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.” (I Timothy 1:12)
• I thank God that most of my family members have been saved.
• I thank God for the Great Commission. “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)
• I thank God for sending me to preach the Gospel to Cuba and for His provision and protection all these years.
• I thank God for our faithful supporting churches, for their prayers, and for their care of our family.
This letter was written on December 1, already past Thanksgiving Day—but on time for Christmas. I think it will get to you right before Christmas Day. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I am looking forward to being your co-laborer again next year, preaching the Gospel in Cuba by way of soul winning, passing out Gospel tracts and John and Romans, giving out Bibles to Christians in need of one, and working with national pastors for Christ’s sake. I will write to you again in 2019. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Please pray for
1. God’s power for preaching, teaching, and soul winning.
2. Our family.
3. Our finances.
In His service,
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com