We thank God for His many blessings. November and December were busy and productive months. Praise the Lord for 1,217 precious souls receiving Christ!
Our annual Harvest Campaign was very successful. During those 6 weeks, we had 816 visitors, 435 people saved, and 20 baptized.
After the campaign we had our Harvest Banquet, which is our annual Thanksgiving dinner. It is a time of rejoicing and thanking God for a fruitful Harvest Campaign and a fruitful year.
We went to a large cemetery on “All Saints Day” on November 1. We handed out thousands of tracts and saw 430 people saved.
Our young people go caroling each year to raise money for youth camp. They sang at 259 houses and raised $1,380. What a blessing! That pretty much pays for their entire youth camp.
The year 2017 was a very fruitful year. Here are some highlights:
• We saw 8,914 saved and 105 baptized.
• Our Public School Ministry is still bearing tremendous fruit, with 1,374 saved.
• We have a new ministry to the police in our city and have had several police attending our services. We have seen 60 police get saved.
• We started a new work in a nearby city, with an average of 26 in attendance.
• On a personal note, we thank God for the birth of a healthy grandson and our eighth grandchild, Kierin Godsoe, on December 7. He is the son of our youngest son Courtney and his wife Mattea. What a beautiful baby! Of course, I’d be glad to show you some pictures.
Please pray for our church/ministry as we move forward into 2018, including the following specific requests:
• Much lasting fruit
• Our discipleship program
• Success for our new work and that we could start another new work
• That we would be able to break ground and complete enough of our building to move in—this would save us about $1,200 per month in rent. Please also pray about helping us financially. We have already raised $18,000. We could complete enough to move in with another $32,000 and completely finish it with another $52,000 ($70,000 total).
Thank you so much for your prayers and financial sacrifice over the years to keep us in this bountiful harvest field.
Yours for souls,
Courtney & Ester Godsoe