The end of 2015 is at hand, and surely God’s hand has been upon us every step of the way. We thank each one of you for being a big part of the ministry in Esmeraldas, Ecuador. New plans and goals await for us in 2016! As a family, God has laid upon our hearts the desire to take another big step of faith in our lives and ministry to establish other works/churches in places where the true Gospel has not been taken; such are the Galapagos Islands, which belong to Ecuador. My family, along with Pastor Franco Loyola and the help of other churches and pastors of Mexico and some of the United States, will all be giving birth to the First Baptist Church of Santa Cruz Island, Ecuador. We humbly ask that prayers for us will be lifted up through you so that God may empower us to do great things for His glory and kingdom and that many people will come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ. “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1-2).
We will officially turn over the works of Esmeraldas and Tonsupa to the Uribe family in early 2016. They have been working with us since February of 2015, and we have been training them and getting them ready for this new event in their life and ministry. We will have a mix of different emotions once we say good bye to the people we were able to reach with the Gospel during these three years, but we will very proud and glad to leave behind a very well-established work. Surely the presence of God has been with us every step of the way, providing for the church’s needs from transportation to land to a church building. God is good, but more than that, we are glad that He gave us the grace to teach the church well and to take the Gospel to the uttermost part of the world! (Matthew 28:18-20)
In this letter I want to share very important things I would like for you to consider in prayer:
• We currently meet in a complex house. I know it sounds crazy, but we have accommodated our house to hold church services as normal. This will be temporary until we have our new church building completely done. It will probably take us until February-March 2016. This move has affected us a bit; some families have stopped coming to church.
• Please pray for the Uribe family as they take over the works and their new position as a pastoral family; pray that God may give them grace upon their lives.
• Pray for our financial support. It has gone down drastically during the year. Pray that more churches will consider financially supporting us as a family and that those churches that once contributed to our ministry may do so again with God’s help!
• Pray for future plans of the Galapagos project: logistics, goals, strategy, new changes in the family.
• Pray for God’s hand upon our family; overall we want God to be involved in every decision we make.
• Lastly, we encourage you to take a few minutes to watch a video we made. It talks about future plans for the Galapagos Islands. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXb0d7EwR48
We thank you for taking time to read this report!