“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” (James 1:17 )
It’s been an especially challenging time, but God’s grace has been unbelievable. Thank you for your prayers. His answers have been such that only He is worthy of any credit.
1. Malawi/Namibia trip preparation became complicated delivering funds for the printing of materials, understanding how best to serve a people I’ve never met, and then building the schedule for this week-long conference. God gave direction, and we’re finishing up with the two weeks remaining before departure.
2. Lana’s eldest brother’s memorial service was on the big island of Hawaii in early August. God answered prayer, granting an opportunity to speak and guiding what to say.
3. The beginning of the academic year at Hyles-Anderson College and annual planning for FBMI demanded much time and attention. God granted unity, direction, and now . . . eager anticipation!
4. Through two events that happened within a week, all that was on my computer was lost—photos, documents, sermons, class notes, records . . . everything! We committed to pay for an attempt to recover the data from the damaged backup hard drive, and then, early this morning while praying, God gave peace that it would be lost. A little while ago, they sent the message saying that this work had failed. It helped immensely to know it was of God.
5. With the end of summer approaching, God alerted us to the need and granted what was necessary to enable us to make some repairs on the house. Others will have to wait until fall travels end and I return home.
We continue to see souls saved out prayerfully knocking doors and in the ministry. Usually it is the last door where God answers and someone is receptive to the Gospel message. One Saturday, it was two sisters in high school, and another weekend, it was an adult woman and her boyfriend. In Lana’s Sunbeam Department, three siblings came for the second time, and God commanded their attention and removed distractions so all three heard a thorough Gospel presentation at their level and prayed to put their faith in Jesus as their Saviour.
We greatly need your prayers with regard to the following:
1. The Africa trip (20 September – 3 October), including the conference in Malawi where we expect up to 300 pastors and Bible college students, and then a follow-up trip to Namibia to serve the Dinius family
2. The Western trip (8-31 October) for a series of Missions Conferences and meetings
3. The Ghana trip (13-21 November) to help serve many missionaries from across Africa and even from around the world in the FBMI Missions Mastermind
With much gratitude for your faithful support and prayers,
Dan and Lana Siemer