The Bible declares: “But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.” (Acts 8:40)
Libreville has an estimated population of 800,000-plus souls. From my personal soul-winning experiences, about 1 out of every 20 of those souls does not believe in the eternal security of the believer. Libreville has 6 precincts and 117 neighborhoods. Our church has already passed out Christian literature in all 6 precincts and in about 60 neighborhoods. The Christian literature you sent to us is almost all gone.
Psalm 126:5-6 states: “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” For our last soul-winning outing, we filled up an 18-seat bus with probably 30 people; some could not come due to the lack of space. Apart from the scheduled soul-winning times, many go soul winning daily. God brought Joseph, his mom, his sister, and his brother in-law to church as a result of a soul- winning effort in the neighborhood. God has used Dany, who is involved in nearly all areas of the ministry, to bring Pattern, Rodrigue, Jospin, and Célestin to church as a result of a soul-winning effort. Célestin in turn brought his brother and 4 other people to church as a result of a soul-winning effort. God used Dany’s wife to bring 7 people to church as a result of a soul- winning effort. God has been blessing our efforts with weekly salvations and visitors. To God be the glory!
God blessed us tremendously:
• We had 4 people baptized.
• The Bible institute now averages 20 people.
• Two dedicated Christian workers, Joseph and Célestin, joined the church.
• God started a new work in Ntoum, a nearby town. We have already held 3 Bible studies there. The last attendance was 23.
• Three dedicated workers are helping with the weekly Bible studies in Ntoum: Smith, Mathurin, and Irene.
• Joseph and Célestin have surrendered their lives to the Lord. They are involved in practical Christian ministry daily. Once they spent several hours passing out Scriptures and talking to people in front of the main hospital.
• We have started 4 Bible studies: one in Ntoum and 3 in Libreville.
• Family devotions have started.
• We have weekly soul-winning clinics.
• Prayer nights are held twice a month.
The Lord blessed us in so many ways:
• He gave us a new computer to replace the broken one.
• He helped us raise the wall around the church. Some people broke into the pickup truck, damaged a few things, and attempted to steal it. That’s the reason we used some of our funds to raise the wall and fix the gate.
• He gave us an air conditioner to help cool the church sanctuary during services. It gets extremely hot due to the warm weather here in Central Africa.
• He helped us find a room to rent for the new church plant in Ntoum, which costs $200 a month.
• He helped us purchase more chairs, songbooks, and an overhead projector.
• He helped us feed some struggling families.
• The church’s monthly giving increased to $350 a month; 80 percent of our congregation is unemployed.
• The container of Scriptures is almost EMPTIED. We need another container of Bibles, New Testaments, John and Romans, Gospel tracts, etc. We could use a 40-foot container to reach the whole country.
By the grace of God, we raised $11,850 for the purchase of a bus. We used some of that money to fix the wall and the gate after the pickup-truck theft attempt. The cheapest 18-seat used bus costs $12,000, without a guarantee to last for a long time. We searched nearly all of the car dealerships in Libreville. We have been spending much money to rent a bus for church-related activities, such as soul winning near and far. WE NEED YOUR HELP!! I think it would be BEST to purchase a BIG used bus, a bus seating 70-plus, over there in the USA and ship it by sea. We know some people at the Gabonese customs who could help us get it. WE COULD EASILY FILL IT WITH 70 SOUL WINNERS, win many souls to Christ, and start more churches. Imagine what this would do. I wish you could come see the fields and the open doors!! At least 80 percent of our church goes soul winning each week. Nearly everyone at our church LOVES to go soul winning, kids included. The last soul-winning time, we were forced to leave some soul winners behind due to the lack of space. WE NEED YOU TO HELP US GET A BUS THAT WOULD SEAT 70-PLUS TO REACH GABON WITH THE GOSPEL!! God has given us a good group of dedicated soul winners.
We truly will never be able to thank God and you enough for your faithful prayers and giving!! May God always bless you richly as you serve Him faithfully!!
Your missionary friend,
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” (I Corinthians 15:58)
• Many souls saved
• 4 baptized
• 1 new church plant in Ntoum
• 1st church anniversary
• 2 new full-time Christian workers
• 20-plus attendees in the Bible institute
• New families joined the church
• Soul-winning clinics produced more soul winners
• Souls to be saved
• More full-time Christian workers
• Evangelization of Gabon
• More churches to be started
• Bus seating 70-plus from the USA
• Land to purchase for the Lord’s work in Libreville
• Medical supplies for the ministry
• Another container full of Christian literature (40-foot container)
New church plant in Ntoum
First church anniversary of Fundamental Independent Baptist Church of Libreville
Soul-winning team in Ntoum
One acre of land for sale for $120,000
Soul winning at the cemetery
Our church choir
Testimony of Bro. Pattern
Church remodeling and fence repairs
One acre of land for sale for $120,000